Among the most conservative yet complementary cosmetic dental treatments available, our hand-made porcelain veneers provide a dramatic aesthetic and functional improvement to your teeth. Treatment is tailored specifically to you, whether that means restoring lost teeth or simply resurfacing an existing healthy set suffering from slight discoloration.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers Cover & Protect
When teeth are stained, dark, chipped, or misaligned, laminate veneers may be a good choice to brighten your smile.
A veneer is an ultra-thin sheet of porcelain that covers the front of a tooth. Veneers also can be used to close spaces between teeth, lengthen small teeth, or cover misshapen teeth. When teeth are chipped or beginning to wear, veneers can protect them from damage and restore their original appearance.
- Getting veneers usually takes only two office visits. First, we examine your teeth and perhaps take x-rays.
- Next, we lightly prepare the surface of the teeth so that the thin veneers won’t look thick or bulky.
- Because such a small amount of tooth is removed, most people don’t need an anesthetic.
- After preparation, we take an impression of your teeth. The mold is sent to a lab where the actual thin veneers are made.
- On your second office visit, we place the veneers onto your teeth to make sure they are a good fit. We prepare the teeth for final bonding. Then, we shine a special light onto the placed veneers that hardens the cement to secure the veneers to the teeth.
- We check your bite and make any minor adjustments. Thin veneers are very strong and with proper home care, can last 10 to 15 years, sometimes even longer.
Your Bright Future
Current research indicates that you could live into the century mark. Taking good care of your teeth now may be money in the bank for the future. The lighter and brighter color of the veneers is permanent, and you can go home with the smile of your dreams.